Postgraduate Certificate/Postgraduate Diploma/MBA
Today's fast-paced and complex business environments demand creative and innovative mindsets and leaders and managers with the ability to build sustained business growth.
The University of Gloucestershire's MBA programme provides you with an enhanced management and leadership skill set to ensure you are well-equipped to meet these challenges. It offers a distinctive approach using the way designers think and work to nurture your entrepreneurial skills and ability to solve complex business problems in creative ways. The programme takes an international perspective which is enhanced through the opportunity to undertake an international management project outside the UK.
In addition to the Master of Business Administration, the University of Gloucestershire offers four separate pathways tailored to the needs of specific sectors:
Whichever option you choose, you will benefit from a rich collaborative learning experience where you can exchange views with other participants, interact with research active tutors, and be challenged to become a reflective leader and manager.
You will develop your view of leadership and management through teamwork, group interaction, case studies, business simulation and work-based learning and reflection. Drawing on personal experience and applying your newly acquired skills and knowledge are key elements of the programme.
- Leadership by Design
- Innovation and Change by Design
- Delivering Value: Networks, Relationships, Trade and Entrepreneurship
- Project Management
- International Management Project
- Strategic Management
- offers a unique focus on business innovation and change delivered through design-centred leadership with modules that are designed to combine intuitive, as well as analytical, approaches to business decision-making
- develops a skill set for tackling complex business problems based on deep understanding of client needs, collaborative working, cross-disciplinary thinking, personal reflection and renewal, and rapid prototyping of new ideas
- offers the flexibility for students to choose between the standard MBA programme and four industry-specific pathways.
Management and consultancy roles including:
- Accounting and Finance
- Human Resources
- Operations and Programme Management
How will the course be assessed?
The course will be assessed through presentations, independent projects, essays and portfolio review, business cases and business venture proposals.
- you will need at least a 2.2 Honours degree or equivalent in a relevant subject
- we will consider a comparable professional or postgraduate qualification
- ideally you will have a minimum of two years management/supervisory experience however applications will be considered on an individual basis
- international students need IELTS 6.5 overall (no less than 6.0 in writing and 5.5 in any other band) or equivalent
Full-time / Part-time