While financial risk has always been a key area, international trade, cyber security, reputational risk, risk of terrorism, and natural disaster have all led to the recognition that a comprehensive risk management approach is critical to the success of modern organisations.
This course is designed for practising managers wishing to develop their careers in the field of risk management. It will equip you with the skills and knowledge demanded by employers and provide you with a competitive edge. If you hold a relevant degree, or equivalent qualification, it is a chance to explore advances in risk management.
Aligned with the latest requirements of the market, the course will develop the skills required to work at a corporate head of risk management level. Students can seek registration with industry bodies such as the Institute of Risk Management (IRM) and the Federation of European Risk Management Associations (FERMA) before or after graduation.
The course is based around a combination of the IRM and FERMA frameworks, linked to ISO31000, Risk Management, from the International Organisation for Standardisation. You will be taught by experienced and dedicated staff who have industry knowledge, academic qualifications and published research.
- Principles of Risk Management Discover the science and art of risk conceptualisation and effective risk management. Adopt a critical approach in analysing literature on risk management in modern organisations.
- Risk Assessment Examine the foundations of risk to evaluate alternative techniques and approaches used in the identification, analysis and communication of risk and uncertainties in modern organisations.
- Risk Treatment Integrate knowledge and skills of risk identification and analysis as part of enterprise risk management. Develop a comprehensive risk management approach when responding to identified and emerging threats and opportunities.
Assessment includes case studies, research-focused assignments in coursework elements, and examinations
Take a look at the course map for a breakdown of modules that you'll study to complete the course.
- A good honours degree, or professional equivalent and a minimum of two years working as a manager.
- EU and international students need IELTS 6.0 overall (with a minimum of 5.5 in each component) or equivalent
|Fees - 2019/20 Academic Year
Home and EU Students
The fee displayed is the total course fee for full-time or part-time study. Please refer to the Tuition Fee and Bursary Policy for payment methods and timescales.
- Corporate level risk managers
Meet the Lecturer
Discover more about your course by visiting the university to speak with one of our lecturers. Learn about the modules, teaching style and the modes of assessment by speaking to our experts, and get a feel for the facilities you'll be using. Visit our Meet the Lecturer page to find out more and book your place.
You will learn from a highly regarded academic team, with commercial and academic experience, and a record of published academic research
Through active learning, you will develop the experience and competence required to operate in the risk management world.
Aligned with the latest requirements of the market, this course will equip you with the skills and knowledge demanded by employers, to provide you with a competitive edge and the skills required to work at a corporate head of risk management level.