Since 2002 the University of Gloucestershire has been a successful provider, supporting over 1000 teachers to gain QTS. We have comprehensive and detailed documentation to support you and a team of very experienced assessors.
Our approach is a tested route to success. We provide pre-interview guidance, a comprehensive handbook, regarded by former teachers as ‘excellent’, and online and telephone support from an experienced tutor, as you develop your portfolio.
- A degree
- GCSE English, maths and science at grade C or above, or an equivalent qualification.
- To teach across two age ranges, and a minimum of two years full time teaching experience (part time teaching will be assessed on case by case basis)
- To teach classes which customarily have no fewer than 15 learners.
- To be able to teach learners from diverse backgrounds and across the whole ability range.
- To have the full support of the Head Teacher of the school in which you are employed.
- The latest Ofsted inspection grade must be ‘requires improvement’ or above. Assessment cannot take place until the employing school returns to acceptable standards.
- Overseas trained teachers are eligible to apply for the Assessment Only Route; as long as you have met the above criteria and have already had your qualifications checked by UK NARIC
How to apply
Please use the forms below.
Expression of Interest - Primary assessment
For candidates within a 75 mile radius (or 90 minutes travel time) of Cheltenham the fees for this supported route towards QTS are £2350, which includes a non-refundable £250 pre-assessment fee. The balance of £2100 will be payable on registration.
If candidates are outside the 75 mile radius then there will be additional costs to be borne by the student for travel and subsistence (accommodation & meals) costs incurred by assessors.
A tested route to success
We provide pre-interview guidance, a comprehensive handbook, regarded by former teachers as ‘excellent’, and online and telephone support from an experienced tutor, as you develop your portfolio.
We have supported over 1,000 teachers to gain QTS
Our team of very experienced assessors will provide you with extensive support to gain qualified teacher status.