Francis Close Hall (FCH) is the university campus nearest to Cheltenham’s town centre, being just a short walk away from Cheltenham’s lively bars, clubs, friendly terraced streets, department stores, specialist shops, community cafes, diners and restaurants.
The campus offers a mix of Art and Design Humanities, Education, Natural and Social Sciences subjects and there are plenty of opportunities for students to interact across disciplines both academically and socially. The campus can trace its history back to the college founded by Francis Close in 1847.
- Centre of Excellence in teaching and learning
- 21st century state-of-the-art laboratories, ICT and design studios
- Extensive IT and Library facilities
- Teaching gardens and plant collections
- A number of national government-sponsored projects, including those looking at best practice in Higher Education teaching
- Halls of residence on-campus
- Chapel on-campus
- Student Union Bar
- Leisure@Cheltenham sports centre nearby