Academic Development Unit
The Academic Development Unit (ADU) supports the implementation of the Education Strategy.
The Academic Development Unit (ADU) supports the implementation of the Education Strategy, working in close partnership with all academic schools and professional departments, covering learning & teaching and research & practice, and the development of the subject communities that our students and academic staff join.
The Education Strategy (2022-2027) lays out the University’s aims, ambitions and aspirations as it develops its future-facing educational offer over the period of the Strategic Plan (2022-2027). In realising those aims, ambitions and aspirations, we work in partnership with the Students’ Union, ensuring the co-creation of the environment in which our students learn.
LIFT offers funding, tools and guidance for new curriculum and learning initiatives from academics or professional staff.
Academic Development Unit priorities
- Education Strategy implementation
- Partnership working with the Students’ Union
- Academic staff induction and development
- Enhancement of learning opportunities and experience
- Enhancement of research programmes
- Technology for learning development and support
- Annual Festival of Learning
- Funding for innovation in learning and the learning environment