Academic Development Unit
The Academic Development Unit (ADU) is responsible for the implementation of the Academic Strategy.
The Academic Development Unit (ADU) is responsible for the implementation of the Academic Strategy, working in close partnership with all academic Schools and professional Departments, covering learning & teaching and research & practice, and the development of the subject communities that our students and academic staff join.
The ambitions in the Academic Strategy respond to a highly competitive and fast changing environment, and seek to position the University as an attractive proposition for potential students and prospective staff. In realising those ambitions, we work in partnership with the Students’ Union, ensuring the co-creation of the environment in which our students learn.
LIFT offers funding, tools and guidance for new curriculum and learning initiatives from academics or professional staff.
Academic Development Unit priorities
- Academic Strategy implementation
- Partnership working with the Students’ Union
- Academic staff induction and development
- Enhancement of learning opportunities and experience
- Enhancement of research programmes
- Technology for learning development and support
- Annual Festival of Learning
- Funding for innovation in learning and the learning environment