This is a top-up master’s for holders of a relevant degree, or equivalent qualification. The course gives you the opportunity to top up your existing qualification to a full MSc degree, by completing research methods and dissertation research, while enhancing your business skills.
You will be able to carry out research into new and changing areas of accounting practice and apply accounting theory to practical organisational situations. This course provides an excellent opportunity for continuing professional development (CPD) for those experienced professional accountants wishing to further their career. The completion of such a research project can increase your competitive edge and make you more marketable to future employers.
Flexibility is the key to this programme. The course can be completed within six months’ full-time study or 12 months’ part-time study. The course is recognised by ACCA, CIMA and ICAEW, for those seeking an international accounting career.
- You’ll be taught by experienced and dedicated staff, who have industry knowledge, and who have published research
- Assessment is via successful completion of a 15,000-word dissertation
Take a look at the course content for full details of all the modules you'll study on this course.
- You will need a relevant postgraduate diploma or equivalent that equates to 120 CAT points (eg you must be fully qualified with ACCA, CIMA or ICAEW)
- EU and international students need IELTS 6.0 overall (with a minimum of 5.5 in each component) or equivalent
See the further details of tuition fees when studying a course at the University of Gloucestershire.
- management and accounting
- financial accounting
- business/financial management
Associated professional accreditations
The course is recognised by ACCA , CIMA and ICAEW, for those seeking an international accounting career.
You will learn from a highly regarded academic team, with commercial and academic experience and a record in published academic subject research.
Recognised by ACCA, CIMA and ICAEW, our course develops the strategic skills required for an international accounting career.
Investments in our teaching spaces
Study in our £18 million new business school at Oxstalls Campus.