The MDes Creative Advertising course has been shaped by our long standing collaborations with advertising agencies. Simulating the advertising industry, you will work on industry orientated assessments using creative briefs, within collaborative, creative teams formulated with art directors, copywriters and strategists, developing creative campaigns for real clients, on real world scenarios. Teamwork and communication skills are at the heart of the course.
The course focuses on vocational skills underpinned by research, theory and graduate skills. You will be encouraged to explore your individual role as a designer, as well as understand the ethical, economic and environmental impact of your work on consumers and citizens. You will be supported to work as a professional advertiser and communicator from the outset, building skills, confidence, resilience and capability to undertake work across a range of scales, forms of advertising and a range of platforms.
- Art Direction Explore the role of the art director or creative director, developing and realising concept ideas, visions and critical visual communication
- Applied Creativity This module focuses on developing non-linear creative thinking to address communication problems
- 20% The most creative companies are the most successful (McKinsey & Company). Explore rapid creativity to develop ideas, concepts and entrepreneurial products on the periphery of their individual skill base
- Design Citizenship Develop a critical view of current sociocultural and political debates relevant to design in order to position yourself as a communicator/designer within a changing global market
Taught by lecturers (including guest lecturers), seminars and workshops.
- At least a 2.2 honours degree or equivalent in a relevant subject or professional practice –
- You may be required to attend an interview
- A portfolio of work is essential
- Accreditation of Prior Experiential Learning (APL) is considered
- EU and international students need IELTS 6.0 overall (with a minimum of 5.5 in each component) or equivalent
|Fees - 2020/21 Academic Year
Home and EU Students
The fee displayed is the total course fee for full-time or part-time study; see also the details of potential extra costs. Please refer to the Tuition Fee and Bursary Policy for payment methods and timescales.
- PhD-level study
- Design strategist
- Art director
Meet the Lecturer
Discover more about your course by visiting the university to speak with one of our lecturers. Learn about the modules, teaching style and the modes of assessment by speaking to our experts, and get a feel for the facilities you'll be using. Visit our Meet the Lecturer page to find out more and book your place.
Supported by a professional advertiser and communicator, you will develop the skills, confidence, resilience and capability to undertake work across a range of scales, forms of advertising and a range of platforms.
We have established relationships with prestigious advertising agencies and have worked collaboratively to ensure our course reflects the needs and requirements of the industry.
Explore your individual role as a designer, as well as understand the ethical, economic and environmental impact of your work on consumers and citizens.