Highlights of the course
- Small classes and a warm, friendly environment
- Flexibility to focus on English literature or your own combination of language, literature and practical communication
- Assessed entirely by coursework
- Your own personal tutor and one-to-one help with essay writing
- Internships, creative projects and communication workshops to gain skills and build your CV
- A great range of theatre and field trips in the UK and abroad
English literature or a flexible combination of literature, language and practical communication.
Literature: Explore the greatest works ever written in English, from traditional classics to transgressive contemporary works that shake the foundations of our society. The course has options to study literature from the 18th to the 21st century including myths and legends, crime fiction, travel writing, drama, poetry, postcolonial literature, American and Irish writing.
Language: Explore the workings and history of the English language, and how it shapes identities and the world around us. There are options to study language acquisition, language history, structure, dialects, sociolinguistics and ecolinguistics, and apply them to gain insights into gender, race, media and society.
Practical communication: Learn the language of leadership by gaining confidence and skills in inspirational speaking, persuasive writing, active listening, constructive criticism, visual design and ethical argumentation. These skills will provide a foundation for life and employment and give you the power to shape society.
Discover more by visiting our English blog, viewing our course information pack, or trying our free online taster module.