This course is accredited by the Chartered Management Institute (CMI) and is aimed at producing internationally minded graduates with the qualities and transferable skills needed for employment in an international business context. You will be supported in completing a live project while undertaking a business placement, with the aim of helping the organisation devise an international strategy.
Based in our state-of-the-art School of Business and Technology building at our Oxstalls campus in Gloucester, you will be able to start building your international network of contacts and learn about aspects such as how cultural differences affect international business.
Learning from experienced international business professionals, you will develop a global mindset, while being encouraged and supported at a top five university in the UK for international support (International Student Barometer, 2017).
Students who complete this course will receive both an MSc and a level 7 Certificate in Strategic Management and Leadership by the Chartered Management Institute (CMI).
- International Business Develop a strategic perspective of key issues and activities involved in the internationalisation of corporations
- Global Operations Management Explore how different organisations run their operations strategically and the management skills required
- Cross-Cultural Issues in International Business Advance your intercultural competencies required for effective communication in diverse business situations
- Global Employability Skills and Enterprise Placement Project Build essential skills that are required for the challenges and opportunities involved in business operations within international contexts
Take a look at the course content for full details of all the modules you'll study on this course.
- At least a 2.2 honours degree or equivalent in a business-related subject from a UK university or equivalent institution
- Or at least a 2.2 in an equivalent graduate level qualification in a business-related subject from an overseas university or equivalent institution
- A comparable postgraduate or professional qualification in a business-related subject from a recognised higher education institution
- EU and international students need IELTS 6.0 overall (with a minimum of 5.5 in each component) or equivalent
|Fees - 2020/21 Academic Year
Home and EU Students
|Masters Stage Award
|Masters Stage Award
The fee displayed is the total course fee for full-time or part-time study; see also the details of potential extra costs. Please refer to the Tuition Fee and Bursary Policy for payment methods and timescales.
- International business development and trade
- Sales and marketing
- International finance
- Operations and logistics
- Consulting and management
- International HR
Meet the Lecturer
Discover more about your course by visiting the university to speak with one of our lecturers. Learn about the modules, teaching style and the modes of assessment by speaking to our experts, and get a feel for the facilities you'll be using. Visit our Meet the Lecturer page to find out more and book your place.
Dr. Jun Zhang
We are a really personal university – our tutors are very flexible and will support the student to help address their individual issues whenever they’re needed. We are here to open people’s minds, give them confidence and help them understand not only the challenges but also the potential of working across different cultures.
School of Business and Technology
Develop cross-cultural understanding in our brand new state-of-the-art building.
Build up an international network
Start building your network while you study, taking advantage of our contacts and field trips.
Work with real business on live projects
Learn from experienced international business professionals and conduct a live project with a company addressing an international issue.