University of Gloucestershire is a diverse, vibrant community of 12,000 students and 1,500 staff with campuses in Cheltenham and Gloucester. Our teaching dates back to 1847; we’ve come a long way since then and have exciting plans for the future.
Changing your world, so you can change ours.
We transform the lives of our students so they are ready to be a force for good in the world.
We make our community and our world a better place.
We are leaders and pioneers for sustainability.
As individuals and a community we act honestly and openly, upholding fundamental academic and ethical values, promoting the standards of public service, and working towards the good of others.
We act with compassion. We are inclusive and treat everyone equally and with respect. We recognise the unique value and worth of every individual, and their contribution to our community. We cultivate an environment where everyone can thrive, feel they belong, and do their best work.
We encourage and inspire ourselves and every individual in our community to be the best they can be. We aim for excellence in everything we do. We nurture aspirations, and pursue opportunities to transform and influence society for the better.
We encourage questioning, open debate, and freedom of speech and inquiry. We embrace creativity, enterprise and innovation to bring about positive change. We want our students, our staff, and everyone with whom we engage to be passionate and enthusiastic about creating, gaining, sharing and applying new knowledge, insight and experience, enriching their own understanding and benefiting others.
We are committed to reducing our own environmental footprint and to protecting the wellbeing and viability of our community and the wider world by promoting the knowledge, skills, behaviours and commitments that will safeguard our collective future.
Strategic Plan 2022-27: Our goals and thematic ambitions
Our strategic plan 2022-27 is focused around five goals, supported by four thematic ambitions. These ambitions are not outcomes in themselves, but are the threads that inform and guide everything that we do, making up our University’s distinctive identity and character. Read the full version of our Strategic Plan 2022-27.
- Education – to support our students, in the UK and overseas, to learn well by providing an outstanding education.
- Student Life – to support our students to thrive and flourish.
- Student Outcomes – to support our students to achieve their full potential in their careers and their lives.
- Research, Innovation and Enterprise – to undertake excellent research and encourage innovation and enterprise for students, staff and partners.
- Civic Role – to promote the wellbeing and advancement of our community.
our thematic ambitions
- Belonging: We aspire to be a community which values positive human relationships in everything we do.
- Connected: Across the range of our activities, we aim to be outward looking, externally engaged and connected, working with partners for mutual benefit.
- Global: At University of Gloucestershire, we aim to provide a welcoming and supportive community for our international students, who help to create a rich, diverse, globally-aware environment for all our students.
- Sustainability: For many years, we have been a leading university in the UK for sustainability. We have integrated sustainability across all aspects of our operations, including the curriculum and research, as well as management of our estate.
Our achievements and awards
From achieving silver in the 2023 Teaching Excellence Framework to our reputation for internationally excellent research – discover our latest achievements and top university accolades.
If you have any questions get in touch or you can discover our courses using the course finder below.