By the end of this module, students should be able to:
1. Consolidate and extend knowledge and understanding of the theory and conceptual foundations of modern portfolio theory.
2. Evaluate, synthesise and apply advanced and contemporary theories and techniques to a range of complex and open-ended issues, problems and situations used in modern portfolio theory.
3. Learn interdependently and independently and accept responsibility for subsequent career and continuing professional development.
4. Develop self-study and self-improvement skills appropriate for continuing professional development including critical self-awareness, self-reflection, self-management and empathy to others.
5. Develop conceptual understanding that enables students to evaluate the rigour and validity of published research and assess its relevance to new situations.
6. Take an international perspective including understanding the impact of globalisation on businesses, societies, the environment and the ethical implications thereof.