Please note this module descriptor is indicative of the structure of this course and may be subject to change.
This module aims to develop the healthcare practitioner’s ability to integrate the required knowledge, skills and values of person centred care for specialist practice in community and district nursing.
This module will cover the following:
A student passing this module should be able to:
1. Critically explore the importance of emotional intelligence in the delivery therapeutic care and ways of managing the challenges facing community nurses in establishing a therapeutic relationship.
2. Critically appraise contemporary health, public health and social policy drivers relating to person-centred care approaches for community and district nurses and identify dilemmas and conflicts in terms of implementation.
3. Critically discuss the key concepts of relevance in managing care in relation to long term conditions and pivotal considerations for practice development.
4. Critically discuss the principles and political and professional literature relating to End of Life Care and implications for practice development locally.
5. Critically appraise the key principles underpinning effective teaching and learning in the clinical environment and required responsibilities of the team leader role.
6. Critically review the professional knowledge, skills and values required in fulfilling the role of a community nurse and ways in which these can be effectively measured.
A course map contains a list of the individual study units, called modules, that you study to complete your course. Some modules are compulsory, but you can sometimes choose modules outside your core area of study which interest you.
A module is a self-contained, individual unit of study. The module descriptor provides various details about the module including who the module tutor is, what you will be studying, how you will be assessed and what you will have learned once you have completed the module.
Course maps and module descriptors from previous years can be found in the Course Resources Archive.
Contact our enquiries team.
Find out more about fees, funding options and ways to pay.