The MA in Education will provide education practitioners, policy-makers and educators working in relevant organisations within public, private and voluntary sectors, with the key knowledge, skills and abilities required to support them in sustaining and enhancing the effectiveness of their practice. With a wide range of modules and the chance to specialise, you can tailor your learning to your professional aims and career aspirations while developing your practice. The flexible curriculum reflects the latest developments in education and is delivered by a team of experienced teaching staff with specialist areas of expertise.
The compulsory module engages students with critical analysis of contemporary educational policy and the factors that have shaped it both within the UK and internationally. Students will be encouraged to consider theories underpinning the socio-cultural context of education and then reflect upon their own experience of professional practice. In the final stage of their MA, students will complete a dissertation focusing on a research topic of their choice.
You will be encouraged to reflect on your own practice, taking the skills and knowledge you gain to implement strategies that meet the needs of your learners. The School of Education is well connected, and guest speakers bring wider perspectives to the modules you study.
- Critical Perspectives on Education Policy
- Research in Education
- Advanced Practice in Teaching, Learning and Assessment
- Education and Sustainability
- Middle Leadership and Management
- Advanced Practice in Early Years
Assessment in 100% by coursework
- At least a 2.2 honours degree or equivalent in a relevant subject
- Or a relevant postgraduate or professional qualification and/or appropriate work experience
- EU and international students need IELTS 6.0 overall (no less than 5.5 in any band) or equivalent.
|Fees - 2018/19 Academic Year
Home and EU Students
The fee displayed is the total course fee for full-time or part-time study. Please refer to the Tuition Fee and Bursary Policy for payment methods and timescales.
- Middle and senior leadership roles
- Learning and development roles
- Teachers and lecturers wishing to develop their practice
- Progression for further study onto PhD/EdD.
This is a flexible programme – the curriculum reflects the latest developments in education and there are opportunities to specialise. Delivery is also flexible- some modules will be available online.
Modules delivered by highly experienced and expert teaching staff, who are also conducting their own research. Moreover, the School of Education is well connected, and guest speakers bring wider perspectives to the modules you study.
For a range of roles
This course is suitable for those in many areas of education, mentoring and development, as well as education policy-makers.