The MA Education provides education practitioners, and policymakers working in relevant organisations within the third and private sectors, with key knowledge, skills and abilities. The master’s supports you in sustaining and enhancing the effectiveness of your practice to pursue your career aspirations.
With a wide range of modules and the chance to specialise, you can tailor your learning to your professional aims, while developing your practice. The flexible curriculum reflects the latest developments in education and is delivered by a team of dedicated and experienced teaching staff with specialist areas of expertise. In the final stage of the MA, you will complete a dissertation focusing on a research topic of your choice.
You will be encouraged to reflect on your own practice, taking the skills and knowledge you gain to implement strategies that meet the needs of your learners.
- Critical Perspectives on Education Policy Analyse current policy and consider theories underpinning the socio-cultural context of education to reflect on your own experiences
- Research in Education Gain a thorough understanding of research methods in professional educational fields
- Advanced Practice in Teaching, Learning and Assessment Discover the process to allow continuing professional development
- Education and Sustainability Introduces a values-based approach to education in relation to a wide range of social and environmental issues
- Taught by lectures (including guest lecturers), seminars and workshops, while some modules are available online for flexible learning
- 100% coursework
Take a look at the course map for a breakdown of modules that you'll study to complete the course.
- At least a 2.2 honours degree or equivalent in a relevant subject
- Or a relevant postgraduate or professional qualification and/or appropriate work experience
- EU and international students need IELTS 6.0 overall (with a minimum of 5.5 in each component) or equivalent
|Fees - 2019/20 Academic Year
Home and EU Students
The fee displayed is the total course fee for full-time or part-time study. Please refer to the Tuition Fee and Bursary Policy for payment methods and timescales.
- Middle and senior leadership roles
- Learning and development roles
- Teachers and lecturers wishing to develop their practice
- Progression for further study onto PhD/EdD.
Meet the Lecturer
Discover more about your course by visiting the university to speak with one of our lecturers. Learn about the modules, teaching style and the modes of assessment by speaking to our experts, and get a feel for the facilities you'll be using. Visit our Meet the Lecturer page to find out more and book your place.
The flexible curriculum and delivery allows you to tailor your learning to your professional aims.
Based in Cheltenham since 1847 we offer a wealth of experience with specialist lectures, offering opportunities to connect with experts and guest speakers within the industry.
For a range of roles
Our course is applicable to a range of roles in a variety of areas of education, such as mentoring, development and education policy making.