Institution code: G50
Institution code name: GLOS

Full-time study

Whether you’re applying for a full-time course for the first time, or you're looking to transfer credits and enter a course in the second or final year, you can apply online through Universities & Colleges Admissions Service (UCAS).

If you’re applying for a full-time credit transfer entry onto a second or final year Higher National Diploma (HND), BA/BSc (Hons), BEd (Hons) or Primary Education three-year programme, you can also apply through UCAS.

If you are applying for teacher training or social work courses, you will be required to apply for the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).

How do I contact UCAS?

You can access the UCAS application system at:

For 2015 applications, the UCAS application window was open from 1 September 2014 to January 2015, however we will still consider late applications.

For international students, you can apply via UCAS up until 30 June 2015. If you are studying at a partner institution, and do not intend to apply via UCAS, please contact for information on how to submit your application.

What if I want to defer entry for a year?

Many students choose to take a gap year before university. If you wish to defer your entry for a year, you must indicate this clearly on your UCAS application.

Part-time study

If you’re looking to study part-time, there are plenty of undergraduate courses to choose from. Once you’ve found the right course, you can start your application through the University of Gloucestershire by clicking ‘Apply now’ at the top of the page. Please note that international students are not eligible to study part-time.

Entry requirements

The university considers a wide range of qualifications for entry. We welcome applications from students who are taking, or who have taken, A Levels, AS Levels, BTEC National Diploma/Certificates, NVQ Level 3, International Baccalaureate Diplomas and Access courses.

We accept all qualifications that are part of the UCAS tariff as well as other international qualifications. For all degree courses, applicants must have a minimum of two A Levels or equivalent qualifications in order to be considered.

Each course has a guideline UCAS tariff entry requirement, which can be found on the relevant course page.

Applicants are also expected to have GCSE English grade C or above and, for some courses, also GCSE Maths grade C or above.

If you’re unsure if you meet the minimum requirements, please send details of all your qualifications to who will be able to advise.

Can I put previous study towards my degree course?

You may be able to use other qualifications such as Open University Units or professional qualifications, such as Accreditation of Prior Learning (APL). To find out more about APL, email, or download the information guide.


Online enrolment is a simple process that involves checking personal details and making arrangements to pay outstanding tuition fees. You should enrol within two weeks of the start of your course and then annually at the start of each new academic year.

To enrol, log on to student records online. If you need help logging on, please download our logging on guide. The guide to online enrolment and payment will help with any queries.

Key documents

How to apply via UCAS: application guide

Admissions procedures for applicants

How to apply: Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS)

How to prepare for your interview

Guide to online enrolment and payment

Get started: logging on to the university network

Data protection policy

Data processing consent notice

Admission policy

Admissions – immigration compliance

Terms and conditions of application and enrolment

Accreditation of Prior Learning (APL) information guide

Contact us

0844 801 1 100

+44(0)1242 714300

01242 714110

01242 714430

Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS)
01242 714508