How to apply through Clearing
If you’re looking to apply to university through Clearing, then look no further. Find out how to apply through Clearing below.
How to apply for Clearing
View our step-by-step guide on how to apply for Clearing UCAS.
How to apply for Clearing UCAS
- Browse our range of courses available on our University website
- Decide which university course you wish to apply for
- Make sure you have received your exam results
- Check your exam results meet the entry requirements for the chosen course
- Contact our admissions team to discuss your application
- Register and make an application through UCAS
- If you’re offered a place by the University, you will need to login to your UCAS hub account and confirm your offer
Clearing application tips
- If you do not meet the entry requirements for a course, we recommend contacting our admissions team – they may still be able to offer you a place
- Don’t worry if you’re not holding any offers from other universities, UCAS will provide you with a Clearing Number, which allows you to apply for our courses
- Applying through UCAS Clearing can seem a complicated process but remember, our team are available and on hand to support you with your application.
How to add another Clearing choice on UCAS
To add another Clearing choice to your application on UCAS, you’ll need to:
- Head to your application
- Navigate to the ‘Your choices’ section
- Click ‘Add Clearing Choice.’
- Add the details of your course.
To note: You should only add a Clearing choice if you have spoken to a university and received an informal offer.
How to accept UCAS Clearing offer
Once you’ve received an offer from UoG through UCAS Clearing, you will need to:
- Login to your UCAS hub account
- Navigate to your application
- Select ‘Add Clearing Choice’
- Fill in the course details with the information given to you by the University’s admissions team
- UCAS will contact the University to make us aware of your application
- Acceptance of your application will appear in the ‘Choices’ section
- UCAS will get in touch to let you know your place is confirmed
How does Clearing UCAS work?
Clearing UCAS works as a higher education admission service between UCAS and universities, which is open between July and October. It allows students to apply later in the year to universities.
How long does UCAS Clearing last?
UCAS Clearing runs for 4 months, from July until October every year. The exact date varies each year depending on results day.
How much is UCAS Clearing?
There is no cost to apply for university through UCAS Clearing. It is a free service provided to individuals by UCAS and universities.
To note: If you have applied for one choice in your original UCAS application, you will need to pay an additional cost of £4.50 to apply through UCAS Clearing.