Skip to content
Chevron pattern Chevron alternate pattern


Pittville Student Village: What do I need to bring?

Last updated: 11 January 2021

What do I need?

You should bring the following items with you to halls of residence:

  • Cleaning products: Bathroom Cleaner, Mold Remover, Kitchen and Toilet Cleaner etc
  • Cleaning equipment: tea towel, sponge, cloth, washing up liquid, scrubbing brush etc
  • Duvet, pillows, sheets (all rooms except studios feature a 3/4 size bed, also known as a small double – 120cm x 190cm/ 4″ x 6’3″ in size. Studio rooms feature a full size double bed)
  • Towels
  • Pots, pans, crockery and cutlery
  • Toiletries
  • Your favourite personal possessions

You should not bring the following items with you to halls of residence:

  • Large electrical appliances – fridge, microwave etc (additional units are not allowed)
  • Large musical instruments including drums, decks etc (not allowed)
  • Your motor vehicle (there is a no motor vehicle rule for halls students)
  • Pets (not allowed)
  • Deep fat frying equipment (not allowed)
  • Vacuum cleaner (included)
  • A mop and bucket, sweeping brush, ironing board and dustpan & brush (included)

What’s included?

The following are included in your halls of residence rent:

  • All heating, electric, gas and water bills
  • Wireless internet access
  • Contents insurance

The following are not included in your halls of residence rent:

  • T.V. licence
  • Insurance cover for items you take outside of your bedroom

Summary of key points of the licence

Rules and regulations within halls of residence

  • Noise shall be kept to a reasonable level at all times and in particular should be keep room level after 11pm and before 8am
  • You are allowed no more than one guest for a maximum of two nights per week. All guests must be signed in
  • All halls are strictly No Smoking (this includes e-cigarettes and shisha pipes)
  • Halls students are not allowed motor vehicles in Cheltenham or Gloucester

Rules on leaving halls of residence

  • You are contracted to your Halls room for the full academic year unless you withdraw from University or find a suitable full time student replacement.
  • If you withdraw or are withdrawn from University you will be liable for a four week cancellation fee once you have completed the process, vacated and returned your room keys.
  • You may transfer to another Halls room after the first three weeks on term (subject to a £50 fee.)
  • If you have money problems we have a Money Advice team to assist; 01242 714535
link icon

View the halls of residence terms and conditions for full details

Was this article helpful?