The University Executive Committee is responsible for all matters associated with the development and management of the university.
Last updated: 18 February 2021
1. According to the Regulatory Framework of the Office for Students, all higher education providers in England listed on the Register are required to publish their Student Transfer Arrangements which detail the arrangements that are in place for a student to transfer to or from another course or another higher education provider. This requirement is general ongoing condition of registration F2. This statement is published pursuant to that condition.
2. This statement documents the University’s arrangements for students to transfer between providers and, for the purposes of clarity, this therefore includes the following:
3. This definition accords with that set out in section 38(2) and (3) of the Higher Education and Research Act 2017 (HERA).
4. All references to ‘the University’ within this document refer to the University of Gloucestershire.
5. Within the requirements of the specific policies referred to below, the University’s position is that wherever possible and practicable we will support students who wish to transfer course whether that be within the University or to or from another higher education provider.
6. We will consider the admission of students on to a course at the University either as a result of events at other higher education providers which may trigger the requirement for the transfer of students or as a result of a student electing to transfer to the University. We will consider such applications by taking into account study that has been undertaken, the level attained and the completed credit. This will be in accordance with the University’s Admission Policy, the Academic Regulations and the policy for the Accreditation of Prior Learning.
7. Support and advice regarding transfer in is available from the admissions team in our Department for Communications, Marketing and Student Recruitment (CMSR) – firstname.lastname@example.org
8. Transfer out of the University may be as a result of a decision instigated by a student or events outlined in the University’s Student Protection Plan. We would facilitate the transfer to another higher education provider in order to allow the student to complete their study as soon as possible by:
a) Providing a student transcript which will confirm any study undertaken, level attained and credit completed (as appropriate);
b) Reviewing the student’s financial account and issuing a refund for all or part fees as appropriate in accordance with the University’s Tuition Fee and Bursary Policy.
9. Support and advice regarding transfer out is available to the student from various sources including their Personal Tutor, their Academic Course Leader, or from the Student Helpzones.
10. As a result of students requesting to transfer between courses at the University we will consider study undertaken, level attained, and credit completed in accordance with our policies for Enrolment and Registration, the Accreditation of Prior Learning, and the Academic Regulations.
11. Transfer between courses at the University will be facilitated by the current and intended Academic Course Leaders in conjunction with Admissions.
12. When an internal transfer is not possible, we will review the student’s financial account and issue a refund for all or part fees as appropriate in accordance with the university’s Tuition Fee and Bursary Policy.
13. Support and advice regarding internal transfer is available to the student from various sources including their Personal Tutor, their Academic Course Leader or from the Student Helpzones.