Your student network account gives you access to all of the university’s online facilities including MyGlos, Student Records Online, Office 365 and Moodle (our e-learning environment).
Follow these steps to access the network for the first time, and to reset your password if you have forgotten it.
- Log in to the University network for the first time via the
password self-service portal. Navigate to the ‘Register for forgotten password reset’ section and click on the ‘Register’ button.
- Sign into your University network account
Username Your username is your 7-digit student number with a lowercase 's' at the start followed by ‘@glos.ac.uk’, e.g. ‘email@example.com’.
The first time you log in your password is the word ‘Student’ (uppercase ‘S’) followed by your date of birth in the format DDMMYYYY, e.g. ‘Student23071998’.
- Change your password and click ‘Sign In’. Passwords must be at least 14 characters in length and contain three out of the four categories: uppercase letters, lowercase letters, numbers and symbols.
- Read and accept the University’s
IT Acceptable Use Policy.
- Complete the registration process for self-service password recovery.
After completing these steps, you will be able to access the following university web services.
If you have difficulties setting up your account, please
email the IT Helpdesk or telephone +44 (0)1242 71 4044.