Evaluation and recommendations
The focus of our work is to educate, advise and inspire students to consider higher education, especially those who may not have previously considered it an option. We have compiled recommendations based on our in-depth analyses of the outreach activity we undertake.
- help students to make informed choices about university study
- assist students to enrol in higher education should they wish to do so
- widen participation to higher education amongst disadvantaged or underrepresented populations
- Our Theory of Change presents the rationale behind our objectives.
Feedback after Outreach participation
85% learnt new information
92% would choose university
86% found sessions interesting
(Based on 23,175 evaluations analysed from Sept 2015 – Dec 2018)
Our recommendations for supporting learners in making informed choices
|Attend an aspiration day.||Engage with Subject Specific Activity.|
|Attend HE information sessions with Outreach.||Attend a subject taster with an academic.|
|Involve learners with widening participation characteristics.||Learn to apply to university with personal statements workshop or UCAS sessions.|
|Participate in a residential or a summer school.||Participate in one of our conferences, a residential or summer school.|
- Evaluation Summary 2020
- Tracking on to Higher Education
- Year 13 Focus Group Report 2020
- Residential Report 2018/19
- Residential Report 2017/18
We also subscribe to the Higher Education Access Tracker [HEAT] in addition to other universities, to help monitor and evaluate the impact of our outreach activities. As a member institution, we contribute data towards their annual individual and aggregate reports, tracking students who have participated in outreach activities.