- Successful completion of Upper Secondary Leaving Certificate (Kotogakko Sotsugyo Shomeisho) Year 3 and a recognised Foundation Programme with a score of at least 60% OR completion of a period of study at university. Applicants who have completed year one of university in Japan, may be able to enter on to year one entry of an undergraduate degree.
- Advanced entry onto a Bachelors degree can be possible in some cases with the following: Associate Degrees and Diplomas at recognised institutions will be eligible for direct entry to the second or third year of relevant degree programmes. Completion of an associate degree with a minimum score of at least 70%. Please note that some courses may require higher entry requirements. Applicants are advised to check the course page, and/or conditions stated in the offer letter.
Postgraduate (Taught Masters)
- Bachelor Degree (Gakushi) 4 years from a recognised university with minimum 65%. Please note that some courses may require higher entry requirements. Applicants are advised to check the course page, and/or conditions stated in the offer letter.
- MRes applicants must have successfully completed a 3 or 4 year Bachelors degree with a minimum GPA 3.0 or average of 70% of equivalent. For Doctorate and PhD admission, applicants must have successfully completed a Master's degree with a good grade in a related subject field or hold relevant work experience. In addition some programmes may require work experience and/or a strong portfolio of work. Applicants are expected to submit a research proposal.
English language requirements
- Find out more about the English Language qualifications you'll need
Rebecca Smith, International Marketing & Student Recruitment Manager (East Asia), International Marketing & Student Recruitment Team
Our agents offer you support in your own country and language, helping you with your application, student visa, logistical considerations and questions about studying in the UK. These services are typically free of charge and can make the process easier.
5th floor FORECAST SHINJUKU SOUTH Bldg,
4-3-17 Shinjuku, Shinjuku-ku, Tokyo, 160-0022
3rd floor Inoi Building 2, 2-9-19 Shibata, Kita-ku,
SI-UK Education Council
5th Floor, Boulevard Bldg, Jinnan 1-16-3, Shibuya,