Please note this module descriptor is indicative of the structure of this course and may be subject to change.
This module seeks to develop and enhance web development and programming skills by focusing upon issues and techniques specific to the delivery of content and applications for mobile platforms.
The module covers relevant scripting and programming technologies, the issues surrounding the use of these technologies and the attendant business implications for the development of hybrid and native applications for mobile platforms. Students will analyse the requirements for mobile applications and associated content, develop strategies for development and will seek to meet these via the use of current technologies such as HTML, Java, CSS3 and jQuery.
A student passing this module should be able to:
1. develop high-level plans for script solutions for mobile and evaluate the post-production outcome;
2. design scripts to meet given interface and media control requirements;
3. use variables, properties and other code elements appropriately to implement the code design;
4. devise, carry out and evaluate functional test strategies of mobile design;
5. implement and evaluate techniques for the installation of mobile applications and delivery via various channels;
6. explain the principles of technologies which support media production and delivery on a variety of platforms.
A course map contains a list of the individual study units, called modules, that you study to complete your course. Some modules are compulsory, but you can sometimes choose modules outside your core area of study which interest you.
A module is a self-contained, individual unit of study. The module descriptor provides various details about the module including who the module tutor is, what you will be studying, how you will be assessed and what you will have learned once you have completed the module.
Course maps and module descriptors from previous years can be found in the Course Resources Archive.
Contact our enquiries team.
Find out more about fees, funding options and ways to pay.