It can be difficult to get your head around the world of student finance, but the
money advice team is on hand to help you make sense of what lies ahead.
Academic Merit Scholarship for 2020 entry
The University of Gloucestershire Academic Merit Scholarship is a grades-based award, designed to reward academic merit.
We hope to encourage those who receive the award to maintain a high level of academic achievement. Each scholarship is worth up to £1200, in the form of £400 annually for up to three academic years.
To be eligible for this new scholarship, students will need to achieve a certain standard in their Level 3 results (128 tariff points or more from at least three full A-levels or equivalent on enrolment), then continue to do well in each year of study.
Please take some time to read through the
University of Gloucestershire Academic Merit Scholarship terms and conditions document, which provides further details regarding eligibility criteria, or watch the video below to find out more.
Undergraduate and PGCE funding for 2019/20
Key facts for 2019/20
- No upfront tuition fees. You won’t have to pay any fees while you are studying; you can apply for a student tuition fee loan to cover the fees. This will be paid directly to the university.
- You can also apply for a student maintenance loan to help towards your living costs up to £8,944 if you live away from home to study and up to £7,529 if you stay at home.
- Additional non-repayable grants may be available for students with dependents and for students with disabilities.
- Living cost loans and grants will be paid to students in three equal instalments over the academic year – one at the beginning of each term.
- You will only start to repay the loan after you have graduated and are in employment and earning over £25,725. You will repay 9% of your income above £25,725. For example if you earn £27,725 you would repay £15 a month. (i.e. 9% of £2,000/12 months).
Each course can vary in price, so these are explained on the individual course pages.
www.gov.uk/student-finance for updates.
Fee waivers, scholarships, bursaries and awards
Below is the current bursary package for 2019/20. The 2020/21 package is still under review, and will be updated here as soon as possible.
Care leavers scholarship
Financial Assistance Fund information
Mature students bursary
Sanctuary scholarship application form
Study outbound bursary
University Endowment Fund Bursaries
Work experience bursary
Postgraduate funding sources for international students
Postgraduate funding sources for home and EU students
The University of Gloucestershire is pleased to offer an International Bursary for all international students and an International Postgraduate Merit Scholarship for academically excellent students.
To be eligible for these awards, students must be:
- new students to the University starting in September 2020 or January 2021.
- studying full-time on a full undergraduate or postgraduate degree (for a minimum of 2 semesters) on the University campus in the UK. The awards do not apply to APL applications.
- self-funded (100% of tuition fee), not sponsored and be paying international tuition fees.
Please also be aware that:
- The awards are available for the first year of study only, open to all levels of study and will be automatically awarded to qualifying students at the point of offer.
- Students cannot combine an award with any other University award.
- Students must be committed to supporting the University with marketing, recruitment and alumni activities.
Postgraduate Merit Scholarships
We're pleased to reward academic excellence. We have a small number of 50% merit scholarships for high-achieving students entering the following subject areas in 2020/21:
- Business: MSc Marketing, MSc Human Resource Management, MBA, MSc International Business
- Computing and Engineering: MSc Cyber Security, MSc Cyber Forensics Investigation, MSc Electrical and Electronics Systems Engineering, MSc Engineering Management, MSc Industrial Control Engineering, MSc Industrial Internet of Things, MSc Industrial Sustainable Energy
- Art & Design: MA Landscape Architecture, MA Illustration, MDes Graphic Design, MA Fine Art, MA Photography
- Education & Humanities: MA Education, MA Educational Leadership, MA Inclusive Education, MA Creative and Critical Writing
- Natural & Social Sciences: MSc Psychology, MSc Forensic Psychology, MSc Criminology, MSc Applied Ecology
- Media: MA Animation, MA Comms, PR and the Media, MA Creative Music Practice, MA Film Making, MA Sports Communication and Digital Media
No application for scholarship required. Students will be automatically considered for the merit scholarship upon receiving an offer for the above courses and will be notified by the International Team if successful. Successful students will then have 28 days in order to pay a £1,500 advance tuition fee payment to secure the award. Merit scholarships are valid for first year of postgraduate taught tuition fee only. Students must be studying on campus on a full-time postgraduate degree, for a minimum of 2 semesters. Limited availability, scholarships will be issued on a first come-first served basis.
We offer a range of automatic bursaries for international students:
Country of Domicile
Grant Award Amount off first year of study
|Middle East, China, Taiwan, Korea, Japan, USA, Non-EU Europe, Caribbean, Central Asia, Rest of World (if not otherwise listed) ||£2,000|
|Canada, Hong Kong, Latin America, Macau, South Asia, UK domicile (international fee paying)|
Africa, South East Asia
If you have any queries about our international scholarships, please complete our
International Funding - 2018 entry