Skip to content

Disability and Dyslexia

The disability, dyslexia and learning support service offers confidential, one-to-one support to students with disabilities, learning difficulties and medical conditions.

We can help with:

Academic support

Disability advisers can advise on the types of support available to help manage your studies. This may include extensions on written assignments, extra time for exams and/or the provision of note takers, communicators, study skills tutors and mentors.

Diagnostic assessments

If you have a specific learning difficulty, you will need to provide a copy of your diagnostic assessment in order to access support for your studies. It may be that you need an up-to-date assessment carried out and disability advisers can support you in finding a suitably qualified assessor. Disability advisers can also advise you about any funds or bursaries available to you to help meet the cost of a diagnostic assessment.

Accessible accommodation

The university’s halls of residence have accessible rooms on all campuses. These rooms tend to be larger than the other rooms in halls with more accessible bathroom facilities and flexible interiors to suit the level of need required.

Personal Mobility and Emergency Plans (PMEPs)

PMEPs are designed to identify any reasonable adjustments required to ensure disabled students can safely access university premises and facilities. ​PMEPs also specify procedures to ensure safe evacuation in the event of an emergency. Any student identified as requiring an individual plan will need to meet with a Disability adviser on campus to complete a PMEP, ideally in advance of the start of their course.

Accessible travel

The university’s inter-site bus and local Stagecoach buses provide low-level access to people with mobility difficulties. Some disabled students may also be entitled to an accessible parking permit. There are accessible parking bays on each campus.

NMH rates

Student chatting to Helpzone adviser

Contact us

Disability, dyslexia and learning support service
Park Campus – HL-107
​University of Gloucestershire
The Park
GL50 2RH​

You can make an appointment to see one of the disability advisers by contacting us directly, or by making an appointment through one of the Student Helpzones.

If you’re a current student and want to find out more, head to MyGlos to find essential info about all aspects of life at the University of Gloucestershire.