Skip Navigation LinksUniversity of Gloucestershire / Study with us / Enrolling with the university

Enrolling with the university

​​​​​Enrolling with the University

To complete your registration as a member of the university you must enrol on your course at the start of each academic year, have your identity checked and collect a university identity (ID) card.

Please see our Enrolment and Registration Policy for full details.

When you accept your offer of a place at the University of Gloucestershire you agree to the student contract.

View the student contract

Logging on to your university network account:

Your student network account gives you access to all the university’s online facilities including Student Records Online, Office 365 and Moodle (our e-learning environment).

If you have already used the Applicant Portal then the password you used to access this will allow you to access Online Enrolment.

The following describes the steps you should go through to access the network for the first time and how to reset your password if you have forgotten it.

  1. Log in to the university network for the first time via the password self-service portal
    Click on the ‘register for forgotten password reset' button.

    Your username is your 7-digit student number with a lowercase 's' at the start (e.g. s1234567)
    The first time you log in your password is the word ‘Student’ (uppercase ‘S’) followed by your date of birth as DDMMYYYY, (e.g. ‘Student23071998’).​

  2. Change your password and register for password recovery. 
    After changing your password, complete the registration process for forgotten password recovery and then close your web browser to ensure that the password reset process completes correctly.
  3. Read and accept the university's IT Acceptable Use Policy. Enter your network username and password to agree to the policy terms.

Online Enrolment

Online enrolment is a simple process that confirms your study programme, allows you to check your personal details and confirms arrangements for the payment of tuition fees.

You must enrol when prompted to do so and no later than 14 calendar-days from the start of your course. When you have completed this you will have full access to the student network, be able to use the university’s library resources and collect your university identity card.

Non EU/EAA nationals:

The university is required to check that all non-EU/EAA nationals have permission to study in the UK. If this applies to you then you will need to show your immigration documents before enrolling. We will tell you how to do this and details will be available on the visas and immigration webpages.

Click HERE to begin online enrolment

Need help?

If you have difficulties logging in please contact the ICT Helpdesk:

For questions about your course-fees please contact

For questions about your course and personal details please contact

Identity Check

You will need to have your identity checked by a member of University staff within 14 calendar-days of the start of the course. Your ID will usually be checked on either your moving-in day, PGCE induction week and international induction week. Accepted documents for this ID check are:

  • Current signed passport
  • Current UK or EEA photo-card driving licence
  • EEA member state identity card
  • Original birth certificate (UK birth certificate issued within 12 months of the date of birth in full form including those issued by UK authorities overseas such as Embassies High Commissions and HM Forces)

 One of these documents should be presented as follows:

  • For UK/EU students studying on University premises: original documents must be presented to the Helpzone (Library and IT) located in the Library on each campus;
  • International students studying under a visa will have their identity checked at a pre-enrolment event;
  • Distance learning students should forward a certified copy of one of the accepted documents to: Student Administration Team, U​​niversity of Gloucestershire, Pittville Student Village, Laurie Lee Building, Albert Road, Cheltenham GL52 3JG.​

University Identity Card

You will need to carry a university identity (ID) card whilst on university premises.

As well as identifying someone as a member of the university, the ID card is used for:

  • borrowing books and other materials from University Libraries
  • paying for photocopying, printing, workbooks and other items sold in the Libraries
  • accessing restricted areas e.g. the extended hours area within Libraries

You can apply for your ID card by uploading a passport-style photo via the Applicant Portal. Do this at least 14 days before your course begins and we will have your card ready to collect.

You will usually collect your ID card on either your moving-in day, PGCE induction week or international induction week, and will need to show one of the identity documents mentioned above in addition to your Certificate of Enrolment (whcih you can print once you've completed online enrolment). 

If you're unable to complete your ID check or collect your ID card at these specific events, you can visit the helpzone at the campus you're based at. Helpzones are located in FCH library, Oxstalls library and Park Student Services (near main reception).