Skip to content

How to apply for English BA (Hons) Full Time, 3 Years

Looking for a different course option for English?

Return to course

How to apply

​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​If you are a current applicant or offer holder please see the COVID-19 FAQs for our latest guidance.

Where online applications are available, links are listed here.

More information and advice to help with your application can be found below or by contacting our admissions team.

Start date Apply Location UCAS code
Sep 17, 2022 Apply (UCAS) Francis Close Hall, Cheltenham Q300
Sep 17, 2023 Apply (UCAS) Francis Close Hall, Cheltenham Q300

Institution code: G50
Institution code name: GLOS

Applications through UCAS should be completed by 26 January 2022 (UCAS equal consideration deadline).

If you’re applying after this date, email first to check there are still places available. You can also call 03330 141414

International students

International students should apply via UCAS by 30 June. Note: Part-time study is not available to students on a Student Route visa studying at RQF6 (undergraduate degree level) or below.

You can check country-specific entry requirements and English language requirements on our In your country page.

For help with international applications, please see our Applying as an international student page or get in touch with a member of our team.

If you are applying via UCAS as an international student please note you should apply via UCAS by 30 June. Note: Part-time study is not available to students on a Tier 4 Visa studying at RQF6 (undergraduate degree level) or below.

Full-time study

Whether you’re applying for a full-time course for the first time, or you’re looking to transfer credits and enter a course in the second or final year, you can apply online through UCAS.

If you’re applying for a full-time credit transfer entry onto a second or final year Higher National Diploma (HND), BA/BSc (Hons), BEd (Hons) or Primary Education three-year programme, you can also apply through UCAS.

If you are applying for teacher training or social work courses, you will be required to apply for the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).

Part-time study

If you’re looking to study part-time, there are plenty of undergraduate courses to choose from. Once you’ve found the right course, you can apply to us directly by clicking ‘Apply’. Please note that international students are not eligible to study part-time.

Entry requirements

The university considers a wide range of qualifications for entry. We welcome applications from students who are taking, or who have taken, A Levels, AS Levels, BTEC National Diploma/Certificates, NVQ Level 3, International Baccalaureate Diplomas and Access courses.

We accept all qualifications that are part of the UCAS tariff as well as other international qualifications. For all degree courses, applicants must have a minimum of two A Levels or equivalent qualifications in order to be considered.

Each course has a guideline UCAS tariff entry requirement, which can be found on the course page.

If you’re unsure if you meet the minimum requirements, please send details of all your qualifications and the courses you’re interested in to and we’ll let you know if you’re eligible.​​​​​

Can I put previous study towards my degree course?

You may be able to use other qualifications such as Open University Units or professional qualifications, such as Accreditation of Prior Learning (APL). This includes transferring from another university part way through a course. If you’ve got any questions or would like more information email or call 01242 714430.

What if I want to defer entry for a year?

If you wish to take a gap year or defer your place make sure you clearly indicate this on your UCAS application.

Student contract

To accept your offer of a place at the University of Gloucestershire you must agree to the student contract.






Help with your application