In a continuously evolving global business environment, gaining a competitive advantage by adopting emergent digital technologies is the key to success. The Digital Business specialist stream, reflects current developments in global business environments, with a focus upon business technology, cyber security, and the digital marketing environment. It has been designed to enable you to appreciate the multifaceted nature of digital business, apply concepts and frameworks to case studies that relate to current business practice (including infrastructure, context, and strategy).
Through live guest speaker sessions, industry involvement and professional presentations the Digital Business Stream will help you understand the key issues that modern day business practitioners need to grapple with. The content of what you will study has been designed with local, national, and global organisation inputs, and will contain the following key operational and conceptual elements: cyber security, blockchain design, cryptography, digital business strategy, B2B, B2C, traditional e-commerce philosophies, evaluate chain integration, web 4.0, industry 4.0, online communities, SEO, HTML (5) developments and digital marketing.
Accredited by the Chartered Management Institute (CMI), all our Business and Management degrees ensure you develop essential skills, knowledge and experience whilst completing a Level 5 Diploma in Leadership and Management as part of your studies. This means potential employers will be confident that you are ‘career ready’ to do anything from working for a multinational corporation to starting and running your own business.
The following themes underpin our approach to teaching and learning through:
- authentic in-class challenges that engage you with real businesses and develop your ongoing personal and professional development.
- active learning designed to engage you in a range of learning activities, in addition to lectures, tutorials, seminars, and group exercises, making full use of real-live case challenges, industry guest lectures, live projects, and business pitches.
- the use of a range of learning enhancement digital technologies; a blended online and face-to-face approach to teaching is designed to maximize your opportunities for learning.
- computer-based simulations that model real-life situations, enabling you to apply your knowledge, adapt to changing scenarios and think out-of-the-box in dealing with simulation examples.
- lecturers with business practitioner experience to add ‘colour’ to explaining business concepts in sessions.
- the “sustainability” theme that is embedded within modules across every level, requires you to think about broader issues that relate to communities and the environment.
- assessments that are related to real work performed in business.